A directional and concept driven designer. Possessing substantial and well rounded experience in design and design development. Strong conceptual skills and a skillful ability to synthesize creative ideas. Creative and business minded with an organized and strategic approach to design and collection development. Ability to manage and execute. Team oriented.
Inventive and forward-thinking with advanced sensibilities and an inspired, modern point-of-view. Focused for the leading edge of fashion and design.
Design Director, R13, New York, NY 2012-Present
Design, research and collection development for forward, ultra premium denim based collection selling to top retailers including: Barney’s, Bergdorf Goodman, Intermix, Oak and La Garçonne in the US as well as key international retailers in Europe and Japan.
• Work closely with company owner/creative director on all design concept and development. • Manage and oversee all areas of design. • Oversee and execute sample development locally and with makers in Italy, Hong Kong and Japan. • Responsible for time/action calendar. • Research concept, inspiration and direction. • Utilize strong presentational skills for seasonal mood boards • Research denim, fabrics, leathers and trims. • Assort line and produce line plan. • Design focus on denim, knits and leather outerwear for a high-end range. • Produce detailed tech packs. • Direct proto and production fittings. • Work closely with directors of sales and production. • Manage special projects and collaborations. • Manage small studio team.
Independent Consulting Designer:
Head Designer, VIVIENNE TAM, New York, NY 2005-2012
Designer - Design Director, ALVIN VALLEY, New York, NY 2004-2008
Design, research and collection development for various projects and freelance assignments for Designer and Contemporary Runway Collections including Alvin Valley, Spring ‘05 through Spring '09 & Vivienne Tam, Fall ‘06 through Fall '12
• Worked closely with creative directors on overall concept direction and development. • Worked with sales and merchandising to develop line plan. • Researched competitive market trends. • Utilized strong presentational skills for design direction and concept boards. • Responsible for fabric and trim direction and editing and print direction and approvals. • Designed for the full collection range: tailored ready-to-wear and outerwear to casual sportswear and soft-dressing. • Proficient in wovens, knits, embroideries and embellishments. • Managed design development process from concept through final samples for local and overseas development. • Produced detailed tech packs • Managed sample studio and directed pattern makers. • Utilized draping and construction skills. • Developed treatments and techniques. • Directed fittings. • Managed design studio and teams.
Designer, CAROLINA HERRERA, NEW YORK, NY 2002-2003
Worked with Creative Director and design team through the collection concept and design process, design development ancollection presentations for ready-to-wear, bridal and couture assignments. This was a temporary position.
• Researched and designed into Fall/Winter ‘03 Collection with an emphasis on tailored ready-to-wear concepts. • Participated in fabric, color, print and beading and embroidery selection • Managed swatch development and strike-off approvals. • Participated in final fittings and look preparations for the Spring/Summer ’03 Ready-to-Wear and Fall/Winter ‘03 Bridal Collection presentations. • Managed production of duplicate sample collections for domestic and embroidered styles. • Executed first and final embroidery layouts for bridal, made-to-order and celebrity projects.
Designer, SUSAN DELL INC., NEW YORK, NY 1999-2002
Participated in all aspects of design and design development. Coordinated outside development for beaded and embroidered apparel and fashion accessories. Worked with fabric mill representatives and vendors. Managed department assistants and interns.
• Researched and sketched for collection, made-to-order and special projects. • Worked closely with Design Director on fabric, color, pattern and embroidery selection. • Directed patternmakers on draping and first muslins. • Fit garments from first sample through production. • Worked closely with production on domestic and offshore development to ensure design specifications were communicated and standards were maintained. • Responsible for beading and embroidery development and communications with vendors including: research, preparing artwork for swatch development, sample layouts, production layouts and approvals. • Worked with fabric mill representatives; reviewed collections, made selections and edits, prepared and distributed color standards and approved lab dips. • Directed digital shoots for company website and assisted in collection photo shoots.
Designer - Creative Coordinator, HALSTON INTERNATIONAL, NEW YORK, NY 1996-1998
Responsible for design and coordination for all licensed product categories, including: Women’s: handbags, belts, scarves, shoes, sunglasses, fashion jewelry, sleepwear, foundations, hosiery, sweaters, coats, furs and leather outerwear.
• Worked closely with Design Director on design and overall product concept and direction. • Directed all licensees on seasonal design concepts. • Coordinated in-house collection design elements to establish a unified brand identity. • Produced product-specific concept and design packages and presentations. • Enforced licensing structures, including design calendars, approval processes and presentational formats. • Developed and sourced accessories for the Halston Signature runway shows. • Managed product manager, assistants and CAD artists. • Attended international trade shows, primarily Premier Vision and Indigo.
Photoshop & Illustrator, Draping & Pattern Making
Parsons The New School for Design The Fashion Institute of Technology